click on image to enlarge
Cedor joined the Centre d’Art in 1947 and the folllowing year served on its administrative committee. Between 1949 and 1975 his work was extensively exhibited at home and abroad: Guatemala (1951), Mexico (1952), the Cuban biennial (1955). With 19 other Haitian painters, he participated in exhibits in Germany, Belgium and Holland in 1968. He received the Labor Department Exhibition Prize, Haiti (1953), a complimentary letter from US Vice President Richard Nixon (1957), and the Grand Work Prize of the Office of Tourism, Haiti (1957).
His work was exhibited in Miami in 1969 and from 1971 to 1975 was shown in the United States, Venezuela, Colombia and Panama. Cedar executed a mural for the International Airport, Haiti (1967). He is considered one of the leading contemporary painters. There are permanent displays of his creations at the Susuki Gallery (New Jersey), the Nader and Marassa Galleries and the Museum of Haitian Art at St. Pierre’s College.
Nadal, Marie-Jose, and Gerald Bloncourt.
La Peinture Haitienne. Paris: Editions Nathan, 1986